What would be Autumn without its seasonal fruits and veggies?
Apples, plums, pears, pumpkins - they make grey clouds and chilly weather more bearable and comfortable.
But my favourite of all is beautiful fig.
With amazing colours of purple and violet and lovely sweet taste, it's one of my most loved fruits.
And today, I'd like to show you classic, no fail combination of fig and goat cheese.
This quick and easy recipe makes a lovely starter.
All you need is:
- figs (as many as people at your table)
- goat cheese
- balsamic vinegar
- a few pistachios
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Cut the figs across and open them slightly to make cavity for cheese
- Crush or cut goat cheese and insert into the fig's cavity
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and pistachios
- Pour a little bit of balsamic vinegar on top
- Put into the oven for about 10-15 minutes (when the cheese is nice and melting it's ready)
- Serve immediately
This dish is a yummy combination of sweet & salty, smooth and crunchy.
Give it a try! You won't regret it!