Really speedy post today...It's been really crazy and busy week...Uffffff.........
And the best part- we decided for last minute holidays. Yay! We're leaving tomorrow. So actually I should be packing right now...but I'm an "almost" good blogger and I'll write a few words before leaving for a week.
So, I thought that Speedy Hostess post would be perfect for speedy post :)
Today, one of my "to go" entertaining tools. Good, old....Cheese platter!
Couldn't really be quicker, right?
But there are a few things you should remember when preparing a cheese plate.
So here's my...
Cheese Platter Decalogue:1. Have at least 3-4 different cheeses to offer
2. Vary the cheese by type of milk (cow,sheep,goat)
3. Have a variety of tastes - from smooth and silky to pungent (OK, not too pungent because you have to live in your home afterwards)
4. Offer different cheese textures - hard cheese & softer ones
5. Remember that eyes are eating first - think about different shapes and colours of cheese
6. Try local or unusual cheeses (makes a nice twist and a good conversation starter, in case you've run out of subjects after mains ;))
7. Don't forget about additional items for your platter - fruits, nuts etc.
8. Good bread is a MUST.
9. Try something new - like honey or quince membrillo with your cheese
10. Let the wine flow!
How is your cheese platter? Did I forget about some important rule?
Let me know!