This is the last post from my Diamond Jubilee inspired posts. I can't promise thought that it's the last of Britain and British in here :)
Today... tea cake :) Literally a tea cake...
Recipe for this cake is from Moje Wypieki blog with small changes (see my notes)
- 200 g flour
- 50 g potato flour (note: you can use maizena or cornflour instead)
- 150 g caster sugar
- 130 g butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbs milk (note: I usually need more0
- 2 ts baking powder
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- 3 ts dry Lady Grey team - about 2 tea (I usually use 2 teabags of Earl Grey)
- Beat butter/margarine until fluffy. Add sugar and keep mixing. Add eggs - one by one while mixing
- Flours sift together with baking powder and mix in tea.
- Add to butter mix alternating with milk, while mixing. Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Butter bundt cake form and fill 3/4 with the cake