Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I(ce) S(cream)

by Karolina, 11th July 2012

I scream ice-cream! :)
It's been pretty hot here in the last couple of weeks..not that I'm complaining - sunny weather is always good. However, the heat makes me want ice-ceam. Very badly...
I should/try to avoid zillions of  calories hidden in my favouite summer treats...so I tried a few "healthy" ice-cream. Don't worry, it's not one of these things where "healthy" mean "yucky" :) In this case it means "yummy"!


These are my Blueberry Yoghurt Lollies. Not only it's nice and healthy, but easy as well. Seriously!

All you need is:
- blueberies (couple of handfuls)
- natural yoghurt (fat free or normal)
- honey (if you like it sweeter)

You just blend it all. Of course you can just drink it as smoothie and it will be good enough. But for the ice-cream lovers I propose next step...
Pour the mixture into ice tray and pop into the freezer. After half hour/hour insert the lolly sticks (or coffee stirrers). Leave it in the freezer for a few hours and then enjoy :)
To take them out of the tray, insert the tray for a few seconds into warm water.

Note: of course you can make it in the ice-lollies foms. I did it in ice tray because:
1. I didn't have the forms at that point yet
2. I wanted to have smaller portions as a little snack


I think they make great summer party treat as well. Of course timing is everything when it comes to ice-cream, so make sure you don't take them out too ealy. Have a tray of ice at hand as well.

And what is your favourite summer treat?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
my foodgawker gallery
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More