Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cranberry and orange cake...to get into Christmas mood

by Karolina, 22nd December

It's been quite a while since I was here...I wish I had time machine...like a pasta maker :) So I could produce some more of it! But before I find one (preferably on sale :)), I'll have to do with these 24 hours per day.

I have sooo many Christmas ideas and inspirations...but I guess I won't be able to share it this year. A bit too late now....time ticking to Christmas.
And don't get me wrong - I'm excited :) I just wish I had couple more weeks left....
Oh well...next time!


So now, just quickly  lovely cranberry, orange and nuts cake that would be lovely for Christmas.

The general recipe for this cake comes from lovely Joy the Baker.
She uses pecans and coffee in her cake. I replaced the pecans with honey covered peanuts and omitted the coffee. And not streusel (sorry Joy - that was too much for me :)).
You can either go with Joy's lovely recipe or just change it a little bit like I did.


What I really like in this cake is that is made with orange juice which keeps it very moist and tangy and sweet at the same time.

Check it out!
And keep warm :)

1 comment:

  1. love the presentation and I can bet the cake is delicious too (need to try it on;)

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest
my foodgawker gallery
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More