I'm in the middle of preparations for the party I've been planning for the last few weeks (more on it soon).
But I found a little bit of time in the weekend to create a cookie stand (which I will most certainly use for the party anyway :)). And I thought that it might be fun to share this little project with you.
It doesn't require much time or a lot of resources...so it's (by my standards) a PERFECT DIY :)
Are you ready?
- glue gun or good craft glue
Here are mine - found on the flea market. I matched them by colour of ornament (gold) but you can mix and match however you wish.
All procedure is really simple:
- clean and dry all the dishes
- choose the order of your plates/cups (you can play with different dimensions as well)
- using glue gun or good glue attach the cup to the first plate
- then attach the next plate to the cup and proceed (depending on the amount of layers you wish to have) until the top plate
- make sure your cups and plates are centered when gluing
- leave to dry (best will be overnight) before using
And that's the result:
How do you like it?
I'm quite happy with the result and I already have a few ideas to create some more :)
Here are some more ideas that might inspire you (they have certainly inspired me):
Candelabra cookie stand via WohnIdee; Tea service cookie stand by Anthropologie; Painted cake stand via Pixel Whisk; Cupcake stand via Landee See, Landee Do