Monday, March 19, 2012

DIY cookie stand

by Karolina, 19 March 2012

I'm in the middle of preparations for the party I've been planning for the last few weeks (more on it soon).
But I found a little bit of time in the weekend to create a cookie stand (which I will most certainly use for the party anyway :)). And I thought that it might be fun to share this little project with you.
It doesn't require much time or a lot of resources...so it's (by my standards) a PERFECT DIY :)

Are you ready?

You'll need:
- plates
- cups
- glue gun or good craft glue

Here are mine - found on the flea market. I matched them by colour of ornament (gold) but you can mix and match however you wish.


All procedure is really simple:
- clean and dry all the dishes
- choose the order of your plates/cups (you can play with different dimensions as well)
- using glue gun or good glue attach the cup to  the first plate
- then attach the next plate to the cup and proceed (depending on the amount of layers you wish to have) until the top plate
- make sure your cups and plates are centered when gluing
- leave to dry (best will be overnight) before using

And that's the result:




How do you like it?

I'm quite happy with the result and I already have a few ideas to create some more :)

Here are some more ideas that might inspire you (they have certainly inspired me):


Candelabra cookie stand via WohnIdee; Tea service cookie stand by Anthropologie; Painted cake stand via Pixel Whisk; Cupcake stand via Landee See, Landee Do




Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
my foodgawker gallery
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More