Monday, March 26, 2012

Party!...

by Karolina, 26th March 2012

....Decorations

I've been working on books themed party for a few weeks. And finally it came on Friday.
I'm happy to share with you a few pictures and decoration ideas.

I picked up books theme as my boyfriend is a passionate reader. It set up as well the atmosphere for an intimate gathering with a dozen of friends.

I was inspired by quite a few ideas I found for book-themed party:
Vintage Gothic Dessert Table via HWTM; Good Books, Good Wines, Good Friends party via HWTM; Book party via The Nester
 I created a few little projects to tie with the party's theme:

This 2-minutes project kept the book-theme outside, on the balcony. Jars with tealights were covered in book pages and tied with black sticky-tape.
I glued little food labels onto the book pages. Stacked books were used as the food holders. I cut the inside of the book, leaving the cover intact to create chocolates container.

Yes, I admit - a few books were hurt during this project. But none from our shelves (this is a note to my boyfriend, who would kill me if I'd have used any of his books :))

Tomorrow I'll share with you my favourite book inspired party project, so stay tuned!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
my foodgawker gallery
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More