Thursday, March 29, 2012

Party food...

by Karolina, 29th March 2012

...so what did people eat at the book party?
Obviously all the food wasn't just for decoration :)

I won't share all the details because:
1. it would be too much
2. you might dribble on your keyboard
3. it might be slightly too boring

So, general idea was to keep the food pallete black & white to keep up the book theme. But of course not all food was black or white. If that would be the case, we would have to eat book pages :)

I had to take into account as well that some of our friends are vegetarian or on diet. So, I tried to make a good variety of different little plates for everyone to find something to their taste.
Today, I'll show you some of the things from savoury table. And I'll leave desserts....for dessert :)

We had about 10 different dishes on the savoury table.
My favourites were:

- Black sesame quiche with mushrooms & feta:


my version
 

original from Our Kitchen
  - Puff pastry with caramelized carrot, ginger and feta


my version
 


original from Kwestia Smaku
  

- Goat cheese pannacota with cranberries

my creation
 

original via The Kitchn

- Purple potato latkes with mascarpone & smoked salmon (unfortunately I didn't have time to make a picture of my version)

sweet potato version via The Garden of Earthly Delights

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
my foodgawker gallery
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More