...so what did people eat at the book party?
Obviously all the food wasn't just for decoration :)
I won't share all the details because:
1. it would be too much
2. you might dribble on your keyboard
3. it might be slightly too boring
So, general idea was to keep the food pallete black & white to keep up the book theme. But of course not all food was black or white. If that would be the case, we would have to eat book pages :)
I had to take into account as well that some of our friends are vegetarian or on diet. So, I tried to make a good variety of different little plates for everyone to find something to their taste.
Today, I'll show you some of the things from savoury table. And I'll leave desserts....for dessert :)
We had about 10 different dishes on the savoury table.
My favourites were:
- Black sesame quiche with mushrooms & feta:
|original from Our Kitchen|
|original from Kwestia Smaku|
- Goat cheese pannacota with cranberries
|original via The Kitchn|
- Purple potato latkes with mascarpone & smoked salmon (unfortunately I didn't have time to make a picture of my version)
|sweet potato version via The Garden of Earthly Delights|