Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Party decorations cont...

by Karolina, 27th March 2012

I wanted to share with you my favourite DIY project I prepared for book-themed party.
I really like the result and it might actually become more permanent feature in our flat :)




It's painted wine bottle filled with branches decorated with paper leaves.


It's again my favourite type of DIY - rather quick and easy :)


What do you need:
- empty bottles (yes, it's a nice chore to empty them for the project - definitely a good excuse to have a bottle :))
- spray paint (I chose matt white - but you can play with colours)
- branches
- old book, magazine, newspaper
- craft glue or hot glue-gun
work in progress :)

Once you have all the things, there are a few, easy steps:
1. Paint the bottles (you'll probably need a few layers to get nice coverage) and leave it to try
2. Put the branches inside the dried bottle(s). It's possible to continue with the next step with branches outside the bottle, but I find it easier to add the leaves while the branches are in the bottles.
3. Stick the cut out leaves to the branches - try to mix the directions of the leaves for fuller and more natural effect
4. Finish the arrangement - you can add additional branches, flowering branches would you great as well etc.

There are so many possibilities. I think I will try something based on this one but little  different for Easter - I'll let you know how it's going.
In all, this arrangement gives a nice modern feeling, without being too minimalistic. And it has design impact without being as high-maintenance and expensive as flowers tend to be :)


How do you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
my foodgawker gallery
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More